With its pleasant weather and temperature, spring is often a good time to swap out your old or damaged windows. You won’t have to worry about chilly drafts, and there are less complications and risks of the installation going wrong.
But apart from these practical reasons, there are also other advantages to replacing your windows during springtime. Here are some of the reasons why you should highly consider window replacement in the spring. We also share some tips on how you can ready your home for this project.
Reasons to Replace Your Windows in the Spring
1. To Improve Protection
Windows are more than just holes through which you see the outdoors; they are essential to your home’s security, too. Windows protect your home against elements like heat and rain, and they can also reduce the external noise that enters your home.
2. To Help Reduce Your Energy Costs
New windows are significantly more energy-efficient than old windows. So, by simply installing ENERGY STAR®-certified replacement windows in Nashville, TN, you can decrease your energy consumption and save on costs. Consult with window professionals to know the best type of window for your needs. Ensure that your chosen window has all the necessary features to help you maximize its energy efficiency.
3. To Enhance Curb Appeal
Freshen up your home’s curb appeal by replacing your old windows. You’d be surprised by how much this can improve the aesthetics of both your exterior and interior. If you’re planning to sell your home, new windows can surely attract potential homebuyers. But aside from picking an elegant or appealing style, make sure to check if the windows are energy-efficient, too. Energy efficiency has been an important factor for many homeowners and homebuyers so make sure to cater to this need.
4. To Enjoy More Sunlight
Spring is a great time to enjoy more sun. But if you still want to stay inside your home while doing so, make sure that your windows still have crystal clear glass. If your old windows are no longer as transparent as before, chances are that you’re not getting enough sunlight into your home. Opening up a room to natural light can instantly liven up any space, and it comes with many health benefits as well.
How to Prepare for Window Replacement
Follow these guidelines to prepare your home before window replacement:
1. Clean the area surrounding the window. Dust and pollen on uncleaned surfaces can mix with caulk, and this can affect the overall quality of installation.
2. Trim any tree branches or shrubs that may interfere with the installation of the new window. Foliage is typically full, particularly in the spring and summer, so these will likely get in the way of the job.
3. Protect your home from dust, paint and debris by placing drop cloths and floor-to-ceiling plastic sheeting in the work area. This can also prevent the heating and cooling from escaping your home.
4. Remove curtains, blinds or any other window treatments.
5. Keep any furniture away from the windows and the front door. Make sure that your installer can enter and exit your home with ease.
6. If you have window sensors as part of your security system, don’t forget to deactivate them before your contractor begins their work.
Renewal by Andersen® of Nashville specializes in a variety of windows, including picture, double-hung and sliding windows in Nashville, TN. Our team is highly skilled and trained to provide window services so you can rest assured of excellent results. Call us at (615) 238-9463, or fill out our contact form to request a free estimate.